Happy Thursday friends! It’s been awhile or maybe a week? I’m really not sure!
I have a recipe for you today. I know I know another recipe, what can I say, I just love food!
One of the most common sayings is “breakfast is the most important meal of the day”. I 100% agree with that statement. It’s the beginning of the day, it helps provide energy, helps with metabolism, keeps you focused and so much more. I will not skip breakfast and I don’t allow my kids to either.
That being said, oatmeal is my all time favorite to make for breakfast. I either make overnight oats ahead of time or I’ll heat up a nice bowl when I wake up. It keeps my energy up, it’s filling, and it’s just so good for you.
There are many recipes for oatmeal, different ingredients and toppings you can choose from!
I will say this, I always always always add shredded or cut up zucchini to my oatmeal, whether it be overnight oats or just heated up oatmeal. It starts your day off right by giving you some veggies, plus it tastes incredible. Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables because it’s versatile.
Here’s the recipe:
- Rolled oats- I don’t ever measure but a good amount would be 1/4 cup or 1/3 cup
- Shredded or cut up zucchini (however much you like, I like a lot so I add a decent amount)
- Water (enough to cook the oatmeal)
- Frozen berries- I don’t always add frozen berries but it adds a delicious taste. I do a small handful
Pop that in the microwave or heat it on the stove top
Once it’s cooked
- Peanut butter ( or any nut butter; I do a small spoonful)
- Greek yogurt – I do a small spoonful, it gives oatmeal a creamy texture and flavor
Stir that all up
Now it’s time to add your toppings
- Bananas (it’s my favorite)
- Dark choc chips or cacao nibs
- Coconut shavings
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Almonds, walnuts or any nut
Really any topping that you love!
It’s your bowl to add whatever you enjoy!
That’s all for today, if you give this a try let me know what your favorite topping is!
Thanks for stopping by!
2 thoughts on “Oatmeal bowls”
Such a hearty treat!
LikeLiked by 1 person
It’s so delicious and filling!